There is no antidote for the travel bug bites and one would remain infected by it till the end of his life. Traveling only makes a person richer. Some places make a person realize how tiny his/her problems are and one such place in Colorado, USA. Here is my blog post for “17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA”.
It is an ideal travel destination for outdoor pursuits in every season. It’s always better to see a place than to hear about the same place a thousand times.
This post will help you in exploring Colorado: home to the world’s deepest hot springs. Its booming and diverse economy would not let you resist it. I urge you to visit this place once and you’ll never regret your decision.
So, pack your bags and tight up against your boots.
I am taking you down the rollercoaster of some extravagant places in Colorado, USA.
Table of Contents
- About Colorado
- List of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Summer
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Winters
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Spring
- Frequently Asked Questions about Top Places to Visit in Colorado, USA
- Final Words
Colorado is down by the vast rocky mountains and jam-packed with natural parks. From skiing and whitewater rafting to hiking, biking and camping are a way of life in Colorado.
The state’s fun-loving culture attracts visitors for a laidback vacation. It is also one of the most beautiful places in the USA to call home.
The highest paved road in the US is in Colorado which is 14,258 feet above sea level. It is also the only state to ever turn down an Olympic event.
Planning to Visit Texas with your Partner? Here is the List of Top 12 Places to Visit in Texas for Couples
One-third of Colorado’s land is owned by the US federal government. It is also home to 222 state wildlife areas.
Colorado also has many chocolate shops like Cacao chemistry, Roberta’s Chocolates, etc. It also has a famous museum- the Fort Collins Museum of discovery.
Colorado has the USA’s highest suspension bridge.
Whether you love the outdoors or want to enjoy cultural activities, Colorado can offer it all. If you’re thinking of making this place your new home then I recommend you to consider these places.
Here comes the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA. This will make your pre-travel work easier.
List of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Summer
- Dinosaur Ridge
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Buena Vista
- Grand Lake
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Winters
- Summit County
- Crested Butte
- Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Spring
- Flying W.Ranch
- Glenwood Springs
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Garden of Gods
- Glen Eyrie Castle and Conference Center
Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Summer
1. Dinosaur Ridge
The first place for you in the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA is the Dinosaur Ridge. It is in Morrison Colorado and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
The interesting fact about this place is that the first stegosaurus in the world found. This made a whole lot of paleontologists want to discover more fossils than America.
This place attracts tourists as it is the first site where dinosaur bones are found. This place is a must-visit to know about the history of dinosaurs.
The road along the ridge is closed to all traffic except the tour bus and foot traffic. You can take up a 10 dollar guided bus tour or can walk free of cost.
All the information about the dinosaurs is displayed at the Dinosaur Ridge Exhibit.
The staff and guides here are very knowledgeable and will let you know a lot of interesting facts. The only caution is to be careful of the rattlesnakes!
Top 5 Things To Do In Dinosaur Ridge
Go and explore the fossils in the Dinosaur Ridge! It is one of the best outdoor museums in Colorado.
Dinosaurs roamed around and walked the ground in Colorado, known by the dinosaur bones and tracks left behind at the Dinosaur Ridge.
- You can take up the Triceratops Trail to explore the fossils that are about 68 million years old.
- There’s also a fantastic Dinosaur Ridge Trail, a 2 mile round trip across the rocky mountains and dinosaur bones and tracks landscapes. This trail will surely mesmerize you.
- Don’t forget to visit the Dinosaur Ridge Visitor Center to learn more about the area and the dinosaurs’ past.
- Trek through the Time Exhibit Mall and experience the history of the site and the geology of the area. Also, look through the fun statues inside the museum.
- If you wish to give your kids a fun time, then leave them for some time at The Backyard Bones or The Seaway Fossil Box.
16831 W Alameda Pkwy. Morrison, CO 80465
Westminster is located between downtown Denver and Boulder. The place has got charmed all on its own. The Butterfly Pavilion is here which is home to 1,600 butterflies.
The place is also a site for parties and many corporate events. You can also visit the Bowles House Museum that will take you back to early Westminster.
This place ranks second in my list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, the USA. It is famous for its Standley Lake Regional Park.
This park features hiking, camping, paddling, and wildlife viewing. You can also visit the Adventure Golf & Raceway which is nearby.
Top 5 Things To Do In Westminster
Millions of visitors flock to Westminster every year. The place has a lot to offer, from posing for some fantastic pictures to spending a day at St. James Park. Moreover, the site is easy to reach and safe to get around.
- Westminster city is a significant tourist attraction for sightseeing. So, take on a hop-on-hop-off bus tour and explore this beautiful city.
- Take up a tour of Westminster Abbey but if you want to enter for free, then visit on Sunday and spend your day at this pleasant place.
- You can also embark on a Thames River Cruise and have an extraordinary experience. Moreover, several boats are available for you, like tourists cruises, speed boat thrill rides, and lunch -dinner cruises.
- Don’t miss watching the Household Cavalry and take some fantastic photographs to show up to your friends!
- You can stroll through St, James’s Park and enjoy the view of the lively waterfall. Also, get dazzled by the brightly coloured flowers.
Located in Jefferson and Adams counties, CO, United States
3. Molly Brown House Museum
The house built in 1889 is 123 years old. The Browns were not the first family to live here. They moved here in 1894 when the house was five years old.
It remained in the family from the time they bought it in 1894 until Mrs. Brown’s death in October 1932.
At that time every single thing in the house was sold to the state and the house itself was sold to pay expenses. This house is made with central heat and modern conveniences.
The three of the five stained glass windows survived the past 123 years intact of course. Most people have a cursory knowledge of Mrs. Brown remember her as a survivor of the sinking Titanic.
This place acts as a perfect site to discover the stories of Mrs. Molly Brown.
1340 Pennsylvania St. Denver, CO 80203, US
4. Buena Vista
The fourth place in the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA is Buena Vista. This place is known for its mountain vibes and is in the south-central region of Colorado.
Its stands among the top places to visit. There are a lot of activities waiting for you that will bring an adrenaline rush. This place offers you several activities like four-wheeling, biking, rafting, and fishing.
Buena Vista is also known for its superb dining and shopping sites. You can also camp in the desert mountains of this place.
This place also attracts visitors with its fabulous restaurants to check out. Camping amidst the desert mountains will blow up your mind.
You can also visit Cottonwood Lake to spend a relaxing evening.
Top 5 Things To Do In Buena Vista
A heartwarming community with a lot of adventure opportunities awaits you in Buena Vista. But, of course, you would be unable to stop yourself from soaking in a good hot spring, whether rustic or natural.
- The place has some of the highest peaks in Colorado. But, even if climbing up one of the highest peaks is not your thing, then miles of hiking trails await your ability.
- Buena Vista’s roads are calling you! If you love off-roading, then four-wheeling across the streets will fill you up with thrills.
- You can also camp around the desert mountains and have a pleasant day out or night out.
- Visit the Whitewater Park and enjoy the water regardless of your skill level. Catch some waves and have a fun time over there!
- Buena Vista also boasts several other activities like dining, shopping and music events to blow up your mind.
Located in Chaffee County, Colorado, USA
Leadville was first settled in 1859 during the pike’s peak gold rush. It lies at the headwaters of the Arkansas River, almost in the center of Colorado.
It is a very high-altitude town surrounded by mountains. The place is famous for its Tabor Opera House opened in 1879 and the most expensive structure at that time.
This area has a lot of activities for you like horseback riding, camping, and mountain biking. Leadville is the best place to spend an affordable vacation.
From its restaurants to historic hotels, everything here is eye-catching.
You can also explore its historic villages. To spend a perfect night under the stars, you can go dining near the twin lakes.
This place offers the visitors an affordable arrangement to make them stay for a longer time. This place is walkable and has a variety of museums, shopping places, and places to eat and drink.
You must not forget to ride on the Leadville train.
Top 5 Things To Do In Leadville
Looking for a place to go on vacation? Leadville is the perfect option for you. The area holds a unique place in the history of Colorado and is an attractive place for visitors.
- Explore the history and culture of Leadville. You can visit a local mine, initiate a conversation with the locals, check out a mining museum to know exciting things about the city’s history that will astonish you!
- If you are an adventure lover, panoramic and camping are the best things you can do in Leadville. If you zoom out a little on a map, then you’ll discover that Leadville is all surrounded by forest, making it an ideal location for hiking and camping.
- Taking a scenic drive while staying in Leadville is unavoidable! All the routes will offer panoramic views to bless your eyes.
- Try reaching the top of Mount Elbert and experience a stunning view from there. Unfortunately, the mountain is 14,440 feet above sea level, which is quite a lot to climb!
- You can also enjoy snowboarding at Cooper but remember to take up warm clothes and equipment along with you.
Located in Lake County, Colorado, USA
6. Grand Lake
The next beautiful place in the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA is Grand Lake. It sits on the west gate of the Rocky Mountain National Park and the headwaters of the Colorado River.
Grand Lake is a small town with rich history and wildlife around every corner. It also inherits beauty that is hard to duplicate.
The Grand Lake has trails for skiing, snowboarding, and hiking. This place is the most suited for a weekend getaway or a perfect vacation.
It is one of the deepest and largest lakes of Colorado. This place something or the other for everyone.
You can take pleasure in playing golf in the middle of the beautiful landscape of Grand Lake.
This place has extravagant riverside restaurants to catch your eyes. Don’t miss visiting the Grand Lake Gallery.
Top 5 Things To Do In Grand Lake
The Grand Lake tops the list of favourite destinations in Colorado. This all-season destination offers scenic hikes, winter sports, friendly restaurants and some of the best places to hang out with friends and family.
Got your attention? Read on some things to do in Grand Lake.
- If you’re planning a trip to Grand Lake, don’t miss exploring the Rocky Mountain National Park. The park is spread over 265,000 acres and has some stunning waterfalls to give you a charismatic feeling.
- If you want to snowboard or give your kids and family a fun time, choose Granby Ranch. Trust me; it will save you a lot of time and also your family won’t suffer standing in long queues.
- Grand Lake offers some big lake trout, and ice fishing is what you should not miss. It is a fun activity for all ages.
- If you love exploring places, you should go for a free walking tour of the Grand Lake. The area is worth taking a few minutes to walk!
- One of the difficulties while traveling is finding a suitable restaurant for your family, but the Grand Lake and Grand Counties are all about friendly restaurants. So, find yourself one, and spend a fantastic evening with your family.
Town in Grand County, Colorado, USA
Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Winters
1. Summit County
Summit County is one of the best places to visit in Colorado in winter. This place has many ways to raise your spirit and enable you to see the world with new eyes.
You can find up to 5 ski resorts here offering plenty of adventures. Ice skating, ice fishing, snowboarding, and beautiful winter hikes are a few of them.
It also has a 10-mile long music hall to enjoy music by well-known artists. You can have a relaxing evening here.
Other places of attraction are Frisco Historic Park and Museum and Ice castles. You can also have a 90 minutes tour to the Washington Mine and Gold Panning.
You must make sure to visit the Keystone where you can enjoy the scenery along with a delicious meal.
Be sure not to miss out the events like Dew Tour, festivals, concerts, and fireworks.
Top 5 Things To Do In Summit County
Lighten your spirit rather than your wallet at Summit County. There are several ways to enjoy it, whether to enjoy festivals or take up a walking tour.
- Plan and take a picnic to one of Frisco’s seven parks. Most of the parks offer shelters and tables too.
- Feeling adventurous? Take on a bike, drive to the Frisco Bike Park, and show your skills in the dirt jumps and pump tracks.
- You can also discover your love for skiing while staying in one of the recognized ski resorts. The place has gorgeous terrain; the powder snow awaits you!
- Are you looking for a spa treatment? You can find some of them in Summit County and give yourself some quality time.
- Don’t miss exploring the beauty of the villages. You might also catch a live music event that you won’t hesitate to join.
Located 70 miles away from Denver
Once a place where only the rich and famous went to unwind. Aspen is now one of the top ski and outdoor leisure destinations in the US. It is in the rocky mountains of Pitkin County.
Aspen’s natural beauty and remote mountainous landscape make it a perfect vacation spot. It is present right in the center of the pristine wilderness of the white river national forest.
More than 100 exclusive restaurants and cozy cafes and one of the best nightlife scenes are here. The 17-minute ride to the top in Silver Queen Gondola is a must when you are in Aspen.
You’ll get to see the most magnificent views of the snow-capped mountains. Due to its panoramic views, this place deserves to be on the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA.
Top 5 Things To Do In Aspen
Aspen is the most famous tourist place with stunning location and scenery. Moreover, the area has a lot to offer to visitors, especially outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you visit Aspen in winters or summers, the place has endless activities for you to do in the town and nearby.
- Visiting and seeing Maroon Bells is the absolute must and number one place to see in Aspen. These are incredibly picturesque mountains. Further, the best things about these mountains are that they are accessible to everyone.
- Explore Aspen town, which has some beautiful Victorian homes and a pleasant atmosphere. It’s worth it to take a walk around and explore the city a bit deeper!
- There are a lot of outdoor activities waiting for you in Aspen! Keep your family busy for days by indulging them in hiking and summer outdoor activities.
- If you wish to escape from the hustle of the town, then visit John Denver Sanctuary. It’s a relaxing garden that is a memorial to the singer/songwriter John Denver.
- Your trip won’t be complete without shopping and dining in Aspen. Here, you’ll find everything from luxurious boutiques to stores selling outdoor wear. Moreover, Aspen has several excellent restaurants and cafes.
Located in Pitkin County, Colorado, USA
During the winters, Breckenridge brings a lot of chances to get connected to your close ones. It is only 2 miles wide and 7 miles long but is an amazing place to spend your winters.
The place features cool breezes submerged with sunny afternoons. The Breckenridge Gondola is one of the favorite attractions among visitors and locals.
The thing about here is that it’s free for all riders and is located close to the downtown.
You can enjoy dog sledding on Siberian Huskies. It features rolling terrains and gorgeous views. If you want to stay here then there no better option than the Grand Lodge at peak 7.
The heart of Breckenridge lies in its last stop which is peak 8. The peak 8 offers something for everyone. Choose from legendary terrain parks or interactive trails for kids.
Want to Explore the USA? Here is our List of 20 Top Places to Visit in the USA
The main street of Breckenridge is incredible. Pictures and videos can’t do any justice. There are many boutique shops, lots of cafes, and wine stores.
There is a charming atmosphere everywhere. the place also features an 8 passenger glass cabin to experience the serene forests. The Heritage Alliance also offers a tour of the nearby museums and historic sites.
You can also hit the pool or can get yourself soaked in hot water tubs. Just don’t forget to take a warm furry jacket before visiting this place.
Top 5 Things To Do In Breckenridge
Breckenridge is a bustling town that is just an outdoor paradise. So, if you are planning a vacation here, then you’ll not get bored.
Instead, read out the activities mentioned below and engage yourself to have some fun.
- Start your vacation by visiting Main Street that is one of the famous attractions of Breckenridge. This is a vibrant district that you should not miss visiting!
- Do you wish to have the best trip without creating a hole in your pocket? If you do, one of the best things to do in Breckenridge is to make your way along the scenic path of Boreas Pass Road. The road is exceptionally breathtakingly beautiful!
- Sit back and relax at The Breckenridge Distillery Restaurant. The restaurant features a chic and rustic ambiance. Bless your mouth with some mouth-watering dishes!
- If you want to enjoy a wide array of fun stuff, then visit Carter Park. It is a lovely park that attracts thousands of visitors every year.
- Take a break from downhills and visit the Breckenridge Nordic Center. The place opens the door to around 1400 acres of trails. The only tip is to buy a trail pass before accessing the trails.
Located in the Summit County, Colorado, USA
This place is situated near the headwaters of the Rio Grande river. The place is known for its Creed Fork which is an aluminum sculpture of 40 feet and was built in the year 2012.
This place renders a wide variety of recreational activities. The Creede Chocolate Festival event held here displays delicious samples of chocolates.
During your visit to Creede, you must visit the Wolf Creek Ski Area which has natural snow all over.
The winter is the perfect time to witness the wildlife in Creede. You can spot the animals in the mornings and evenings.
It is truly a fascinating moment. Be sure to take your camera along with you!
Top 5 Things To Do In Creede
Creede is a small mountain town, but don’t let this small size fool you. There are a lot of things to do in Creede.
With its mountainous location, the place offers several summer and winter activities.
- Relive history by visiting Last Chance Mine, which is a restored 18th-century silver mine. Moreover, it showcases museums, mine buildings and a collection of rocks.
- Do you love to collect antique things to decorate your home? If you do, visit the Rare Things Gallery. It offers several items like jewelry, paintings, decorative arts and stained glass.
- If you want to have a thrilling vacation, you must experience river rafting offered by Mountain Man Tours.
- Visit Bogeys Mini Golf, which offers an opportunity to play putt-putt golf, has excellent barbeque food, and a wonderful playground for children to play and enjoy.
- You can also have mouthwatering cuisine at Kip’s Grill while sitting in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere!
Located in the Mineral County, Colorado, USA
5. Crested Butte
The next place in the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA is Crested Butte. This place was a mine of coal and silver in the 1860s and 1870s.
Crested Butte is an uncrowded hidden gem. It overflows charm with an average of 300 inches of some of the best snow in Colorado.
Crested butte has more than 1500 skiable acres.
This place is renowned for its steep and technical terrain including dense glades. This town is bursting with ambiance.
It is now famous as one of the best sites for mountain biking and skiing.
You’ll be delighted to know that Crested Butte manufactures the best rum in the world. You can explore ski trails of 55 kilometers around the place.
You can also visit Adventure Park with endless fun for its visitors. For the visitors who love hiking, for them, the winter counterpart is snowshoeing.
You should also visit Rumors Coffee and Tea House to taste the best beverages. Also, you should not miss swinging along with the art galleries of Crested Butte.
Top 5 Things To Do In Crested Butte
Are you thinking of visiting Crested Butte? The below are the most recommended things to do over there.
- Take up a bus tour to the base area of Mount Crested Butte to explore the restaurants and activities over there. You can also take up a mountain bike to numerous trails.
- The place also celebrates several festivals and events. Check out some of these fantastic events; you will have a great time!
- Crested Butte is a pedestrian-friendly town, so stroll down Elk Ave to have the best views of the mountains, historical buildings and several places to stop in and visit.
- The easiest way to cool yourself down is to paddle on snow! So if you love adventure, then skiing is the best activity you can do in Crested Butte.
- If you enjoy the beauty of landscapes, you can also help some organisations to keep the castle beautiful for generations to come.
Located in the Gunnison County, Colorado, USA
Best Places to Visit in Colorado in Spring
1. Flying W.Ranch
Flying W Ranch is among the few famous places and made to the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA. This place had been a tourist site since 1953.
It is a 1400 acre working Mountain cattle ranch. The chuckwagon suppers are the place’s specialty. This place offers you thrilling opportunities to explore the rock formations & hiking trails.
The ranch remains open throughout the year. It is also a site for parties, special events, and gatherings.
This place also inherits the romantic spirit and legacy of the Old West. Flying W Ranch is a symbol of western heritage. Don’t miss to make your spring reservations for this amazing place!
Top Things To Do In Flying W.Ranch
It is a working mountain castle ranch that offers its visitors a memorable experience. The ranch is well known for its chuckwagon suppers and castle drives.
- Don’t miss having the Chuckwagon dinner and Western shows performed by Flying W Wranglers that are world-renowned.
- You’ll find yourself surrounded by striking formations of red rocks and hiking trails. So, take up a walk around the ranch and see the incredible views.
- You can also brush up on your history by visiting the famous Ghost Town Museum.
3330 Chuckwagon Road, Colorado, USA
2. Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs is a year-round resort town with an adventure for every season. With a convenient location on i-70 between Vail and Aspen on the western slope of Colorado’s hills.
There is no better town to live, work, and play in. Glenwood Springs is voted America’s most fun town. This place is family-friendly and affordable.
It is blessed with a remarkable mix of geological wonders. It is also home to unparalleled attractions.
This place has choices of a large variety of historic hotels and breakfast ranches. An enormous variety of attractions and activities awaits you in Glenwood.
The Glenwood Hot Springs offers mineral-rich waters in which you can soak, swim and play. The other things that you can discover here include the hanging lake.
It is a glacially formed crystal clear turquoise lake with stunning waterfalls. You must also visit the Glenwood Adventure Park which’s a home to host thrill rides.
Top 5 Things To Do In Glenwood Springs
There’s something for everyone in Glenwood Springs. Whether you are an outdoor lover or an adventurer, the place offers vast opportunities to participate.
- If you’re in a mood for barbecued food items, then you must visit Smoke Modern BBQ. They have a unique and modern twist to their every dish.
- You can also hike around the numerous trails along the river and surrounded by mountains.
- Another famous attraction of Glenwood is the River Colorado. So, spend a day there and participate in activities like kayaking, paddle boarding etc.
- The best way to relax when in Glenwood Springs is to visit Iron Mountain Hot Spring. The place has several hot spring soaking pools waiting for you!
- At the end of a long day of exploring, head towards Glenwood Canyon Brewpub. You can relax here with a cold glass of handcrafted local beer.
Located in Garfield County, Colorado, USA
3. Rocky Mountain National Park
This place preserves within 415 square-mile national parks 70 miles from Denver. Welcome to a dream where wildlife roams free amid cool meadows and the forest of fir.
Today, you can experience this dream via 350 miles of hiking trails. It is on the two scenic roads of the USA. You can begin your adventure at the eastern entrance just outside Estes Park. You can also hop off at Sprague Lake which is 7 miles away.
The lake is ideal for families and folks.
You should pause by the lilies of Nymph Lake and gaze into the mirrored perfection of Dream Lake. For a more challenging hike, you should tighten your boots and pack a few layers, and hit the 10-mile trail to Sky Pond.
You can also stop for some snacks by the thundering waters of Alberta Falls. The Rocky Mountain National Park is a dream that awakens all the senses.
This place has it all to take its place on the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA.
Top 5 Things To Do In Rocky Mountain National Park
The Rocky Mountain National Park is among the most visited national parks in the USA and is a joy to explore.
- Watch out for wildlife while you’re in Rocky Mountain National Park. You’ll be able to spot elk, deer, mule, bighorn sheep and many other animals.
- Get ready to drive along the highest continuous paved highway – The Trail Ridge Road. This highway has few stomach-turning drop-offs but will let you experience some of the best views of the US.
- Visit the Emerald Lake. Although the place is overflowing with visitors the entire day, you will be thrilled to see the incredible views and beautiful lakes along your trail.
- Don’t forget to visit the Alberta Falls, which is a highly stunning 30-foot waterfall. It serves as the perfect trail for visitors of all ages!
- Come and stop at the Alpine Visitor Center and learn more about the surrounding wilderness of the place.
Larimer / Grand / Boulder Counties, Colorado , USA
4. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
For many of you finding a one-stop destination to stay overnight and enjoy lots of activities is a must. You can find that just an hour south of Denver in Colorado, The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
It’s a perfect getaway for you and your family. The place offers breathtaking views of Colorado Springs. About 750 animals reside in this Zoo.
This place is known for its beautiful location in the mountains. It is also well known around the world for its giraffe bird. The best thing about Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is its capacity to interact with so many animals.
You can get up close to animals and can have an amazing experience. You can also stay in the Cheyenne Mountain Resort whose setup is very family-oriented.
It provides all you need for the perfect getaway. A private 35-acre lake, 17 tennis courts, and a renovated fitness center. This 217 acres resort will make your vacation memorable.
Top 5 Things To Do In Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
You can do several unique things at the amazing Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Some of them are listed below:
- Have you ever felt an elephant’s breath on your hand? If not, feed an elephant at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and see how magical it feels!
- Enjoy your pizza by looking at breathless scenery. The zoo also offers several food options for you to enjoy!
- Ever wondered how the zoo rests after a long day? You can experience this by staying a night at The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and encountering the animals at a close-up.
- You can also take up a VIP tour to experience more behind the scenes!
- If you’re visiting the Zoo in winter, you must not miss spending a snow day there.
4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado, USA
5. Garden of Gods
The shining red rocks on the outskirts of Colorado are the most striking within the Garden of the Gods. A magnificent place. The huge red sandstone rock formations rise to a height of 150m.
These natural monuments are a reminder of a good geological past of this region. The Garden of the Gods also features traces of man as it is known to the Native America Indians many centuries ago.
The site of these huge stone giants and the natural forces of nature astonish visitors. The beauty of the rock has much religious significance for the native Indians.
The name of the park did not originate from the Indian language. It is believed the two land surveyors who came here in 1859 gave this area its name. The rocks here silent witnesses to a unique geological development.
You would not regret visiting this true wonder of nature.
Top 5 Things To Do In Garden Of Gods
Garden of Gods is an adventurer’s paradise that is packed with scenic beauty. I’ve pulled together some of the things that you can do over there.
- Begin your trip by experiencing the scenic views of the park. There are plenty of spots along the way that will leave you taking some fantastic pictures.
- Explore the wide variety of outdoor activities that the park offers, like biking and rock climbing. These activities guarantee you have an adrenaline rush down your nerves.
- You can grab up a jeep tour and watch out for the natural wonders while a tour guide narrates the park’s history.
- You can also have a fun experience by horseback riding and catching up on the beauty of the park.
- Spot wildlife around the park. Just remember to keep a safe distance from the animals while photographing or watching them!
1805 N 30th St, Colorado, USA
6. Glen Eyrie Castle and Conference Center
The last place on the list of 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA is the Glen Eyrie Castle and Conference room. This castle was first purchased and built by the Palmer family.
The castle finished building in 1904 and was purchased by the navigators in 1953.
Since then the castle has transformed to also being a conference center. You can stay overnight in the castle as well as in any one of the 95 lodging rooms.
Want to Earn more from your Travel blog? These Travel Affiliate Programs will make your dreams come true.
When you’ll go to the gate it’s as if you are stepping out of one world into another. This place draws people closer to what matters. It is a complete sanctuary.
This place has got a fantastic crew of chefs doing some great things. This castle is neighboring the Garden of Gods.
You’ll feel lost in wonder and the amazing soul steering spirit of what God has brought to this place.
Top 5 Things To Do In Glen Eyrie Castle
If you want to have an enriching experience, then Glen Eyrie is the best destination. The estate is known for offering a peaceful environment to relax back.
- Sip on an afternoon tea and relax back by watching the beautiful scenery surrounding the place.
- If you’re an adventurous person, then many activities like horseback riding, hot air balloon rides, etc., are waiting for you at Glen Eyrie.
- You can also take up a castle tour and learn about its architecture, history and the Palmer family who lived there.
- If you’re a peace lover, then this place is the best option for you. You can escape from the chaos of the cities and have some personal space.
- You can even become a part of the various unique events in Glen Eyrie and rejuvenate.
3820 N 30th St, Colorado, USA
Frequently Asked Questions about Top Places to Visit in Colorado, USA
The Maroon lake is the prettiest place in Colorado. This place is a majestic destination with the most spectacular views.
Telluride is the best area to stay in Colorado. The population is about 2500 people and it sits at a little over 8,700 feet above sea level. This country town is full of restaurants, bars, and stores to walk in.
Vail is the most beautiful place to spend summer vacations in Colorado. It is a perfect destination for families. The topography of the Vail makes it the most amazing place to visit.
The Spring season is the best to visit Colorado. During this season there is less crowd and you can find resorts and hotels at affordable prices.
Breckenridge is the prettiest mountain in Colorado. Take your family and friends to Colorado this summer. Also, explore the extravagant beauty of this place.
The Winter Park Ski Resort is the best place to go in Colorado in the winter. This park offers you with variety of activities like snowboarding, skiing, and biking.
If you’re not a ski person then you can take the pleasure of dog sled rides. The best site to serve the purpose is Monarch Dog Sled Rides. You can have a great time with the Siberian huskies.
The no.1 attraction in Colorado is the Elitch Gardens, Theme Park. This park offers you two themes i.e Water park and the other with the best rides. This place perfect to bring your family, friends, and kids.
March is the best month to visit Colorado. This month is marked with a great amount of snowfall and brings in a lot of opportunities to have a wonderful time.
Colorado is most famous for its scenic and magnificent views. Also, it’s a wide range of wildlife, mountains, and attractive natural hot springs. The place is also famous for activities like biking, hiking, and snowboarding.
Yes, Colorado Springs is worth visiting. This place is best for family vacations, and hiking adventures. This place worth visiting even for a romantic getaway with your partner. Colorado will mesmerize you with its irresistible charm.
As the name suggests, Colorado Springs is known for its natural hot springs. You can soak, swim and play in these hot springs and divert your time into the best activity Colorado is known for.
To have a restful vacation you should spend at least 5-6 days in Colorado. Though this place has a lot for you, a week would render you with the best time.
The best hot springs here are Glenwood Hot Springs and Cottonwood Hot Springs.
Denver is the best place for a weekend getaway in Colorado. This place is filled with grand civic architecture, museums, and public art
Yes, it is affordable to fly into Colorado Springs with the low cost of rental cars.
Yes, Colorado Springs has a wide range of cultural and historic places to engage.
Traveling alters your daily routine and provides you with a fresh experience. It allows you to have an insight into other people’s lives too. Traveling and exploring a place will make you happy more than any other possessions. These 17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA will make you realize the things you live for.
Among the wilderness of forests, there is a silent voice in Colorado. We become richer by losing ourselves in travel. Gathering moments to remember is more important than collecting things. Colorado will leave you behind with tonnes of great moments and course pictures.
From its natural hot springs to the best hiking trails, Colorado has got it all to attract you. Don’t forget to taste colorado’s famous Palisade Peaches, craft beer, and Olathe sweet corn. The festivals like Telluride Bluegrass Festival and Colorado State Fair will excite you. This place also has the largest flat-top mountain in the world.
This blog post for “17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA” is all at your rescue. This post will help you in making your go-to list easy. So, Plan your trip to Colorado and collect the best of moments to fill in the treasure. Hope you have a wonderful visit!
This post of “17 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, USA” contains some links to products that are affiliate links. This means we may get a commission if you click that link and make a purchase without additional cost on you.