The United Arab Emirates is one of the best places to go on a vacation to subside yourself in peace and harmony. Beginning from good food to great services and recreational facilities, you can experience the best in everything. Dubai might seem like it only has posh malls and hotels but the street culture there allures you like no other. The list of the top 15 places to visit in UAE will change your perspective. All of those places included makes your trip even better.
There are so many outstanding places you can go and explore on your own but take it from the best, we have some terrific places already sorted out for you.
Table of Contents
- About UAE
- List of Top 15 Places To Visit In UAE
- Top 15 Places to Visit in UAE
- 1. Burj Khalifa
- 2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- 3. Louvre, Abu Dhabi
- 4. Desert Safari
- 5. Shangri-La
- 6. Palm Jumeirah
- 7. Al Karama, Dubai
- 8. Jebel Hafeet, Hajar Mountains
- 9. Kayaking in Mangrove National Park
- 10. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- 11. Al Bastakiya
- 12. Dubai Fountain
- 13. Sharjah Arts Museum
- 14. Global Village
- 15. Souks in Deira
- Final Words
UAE is a culturally colourful country where traditionalism and modernism meet. This fascinating country is supremely the best to enjoy a luxury vacation. Moreover, there are unlimited reasons why you should visit this place.
The country is equipped with the most picturesque mosques with exuberant architecture. Also, the country is relatively safe and secure for travellers at any time of the day.
The country also offers a fantastic shopping experience like no other. Further, the food here is influenced mainly by the countries who actively practised business in the country.
Here is the list of Top 15 places to visit in UAE.
List of Top 15 Places To Visit In UAE
- Burj Khalifa
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Louvre, Abu Dhabi
- Desert Safari
- Palm Jumeirah
- Al Karama, Dubai
- Jebel Hafeet, Hajar Mountains
- Kayaking in mangroves
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- Al Bastakiya
- Dubai Fountain
- Sharjah Arts Museum
- Global Village
- Souks in Deira
Now lets dive into detailed information about Top 15 places to visit in UAE
Top 15 Places to Visit in UAE
1. Burj Khalifa
On the first place of Top 15 places to visit in UAE, we have kept our famous- Burf Khalifa.
Isn’t Burj Khalifa the first place that pops into your mind when someone says UAE? Yes, this skyscraper is the tallest building in the world and has the most beautiful viewpoints for all the residents and tourists to enjoy.
Planning to Visit New Delhi? Here is the list of 18 Top Tourist Attractions to visit in Delhi
Observation deck 300 is one such famous viewpoint where we can see Dubai from a completely different elevation. This deck is 300m above the land which commands a bird’s eye view. This building goes high in the clouds like a fantasy with the most delicious breakfast, entrees, and high tea experiences.
Top 5 Interesting Facts about Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world that required solid science for its construction. Let’s dive into some of the top interesting facts about this astonishing building “ Burj Khalifa.”
- The Burj Khalifa stands out as the tallest building globally, over 828m high, about three times taller than the Eiffel Tower.
- About 26,000 glass panels cover the entire exterior of the Burj Khalifa. The most exciting thing is that all these glass panels are cut individually by hand.
- Three months are consumed to clean up the windows of the Burj from top to bottom, and once it’s done, it’s already time to start again.
- The tip of the Burj Khalifa is visible from up to 95 kilometres away during clear days.
- The shooting of 10,000 fireworks accompanied the grand opening of the Burj.
Official Website: www.burjkhalifa.ae
Address: 1 Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
2. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
Sheikh Zayed mosque is one of the largest mosques in the world and explicitly the richest. By rich, I meant it in two ways,
One is in heritage where it oozes out with traditional Islamic culture and has some great architectural work, many domes, and more than 1000 columns. The other is the literal meaning of rich, where the mosque has chandeliers made of millions of Swarovski jewels, gold, crystals, and pearls. I mean wouldn’t that be an eye feast to see all that glimmer shimmer?
Oh, and it also won the Guinness record of having the largest hand-woven carpet. Like wow, how much effort would it have undergone for it to turn out into such a beautiful place.
Top 5 Interesting Facts about Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is among the most beautiful mosques in the world and also has some interesting facts. Not only its amazing architecture but some unique interiors is what makes this mosque the most visited tourist destination in UAE.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is the largest mosque in the world which covers more than 12 hectares.
- The mosque is capable of accumulating 41,000 worshippers altogether.
- The beautiful carpet laid on the mosque’s prayer hall took about 12 months to knot and is the largest hand-knotted carpet.
- The construction of the mosque took about 11 years and was opened to worship in 2007.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque has about 82 domes, among which the enormous lies at the centre of the main prayer hall.
Official Website: www.szgmc.gov.ae
Address: Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Street، – 5th St – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
3. Louvre, Abu Dhabi
The first museum in our list of Top 15 places to visit in UAE. Louvre is one of a kind aesthetic museum that has art, architecture, and all the traditional elements of the middle east. If you’re an art or photography enthusiast, this museum might become your favorite place in the whole of Abu Dhabi.
Louvre presents its tourists with four exhibitions every year by collaborating with various artists which results in ample amounts of art. The best thing about this museum is yet to come. They have restaurants where you can have some amazing refreshments with a breathtaking view.
Top 5 Interesting Facts about Louvre, Abu Dhabi
This spectacular attraction in Abu Dhabi is built to spread about the Arab culture. The museum is not a copy of the French Louvre but has aroused interest among its visitors.
- Movement of about 503,000 cubic metres of sand to lay down the foundation of the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
- The highest external point of the Louvre is 40 metres above sea level.
- To gain its name, the Abu Dhabi government paid 525 million USD to France.
- The construction cost of the Louvre Abu Dhabi is about 600 million Euros.
- The building remains cool most of the time as it blocks direct sunlight.
Official Website: https://www.louvreabudhabi.ae/
Address: Saadiyat – Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
4. Desert Safari
Our list of “Top 15 places to visit in UAE” can never be completed without Desert Safari. It’s a popular opinion that the UAE trip is incomplete without the adrenaline rush that hits with a desert safari. Liwa desert has gorgeous landscapes and gives an amazing safari experience. Desert safari leaves you mesmerized by all the beauty that it possesses.
Safari has so many activities planned out and you can also customize those plans according to your budget. Activities like dune bashing, camel riding, sandboarding, hot air balloon safari are the highlights of this place.
The specialty about this is that you can choose whichever part of the day you want, to spend your time in the desert. And if you opt for spending a night there, you will have barbeque feasts, live shows, stargazing, and many more which will be a splendid experience for you.
Top 5 Places for Desert Safari in UAE
UAE is famous for its large stretch of sand which appears like gold. Therefore, you can’t miss on Desert Safaris while your trip to UAE. Watch out the best places for desert safari in UAE.
- Al Lahbab Desert – This desert is located approximately 50km outside Dubai. Moreover, it is an amazing choice if you wish to explore the deserts and want to do sandboarding. Don’t wait for long and experience the culture of UAE now!
- Bidayer – This desert is also known “Big Red” due to its appearing red colour. This place is perfect for quad biking and dune bashing.
- Al Faya Desert – This desert is just 50 min away from Dubai city and is absolutely the best destination for camping and dune bashing. Enjoy the view of endless stretch of sand!
- Rub Al Khali – This is the largest contiguous sand desert in the world spreading across 650,000 square kilometres. Therefore, explore the desert on a jeep or camelback.
- Liwa Desert – This desert has some of the highest dunes in the country and is renowned for hosting several festivals for its visitors.
Official Website: www.dubaisafari.ae
Address: Al Khayma Camp, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Sunset tea lounge in Shangri-La might be the most luxurious high tea experience one can ever experience. Shangri-La is a very lavish hotel which not only focuses on instigating Asian hospitality and providing the customers with the best services but also on sustainability, biodiversity and they also reside in their CSR initiatives.
This hotel contains everything a normal one would have but in luxury. It has 6 villas on its premises, various spas, beauty salons, and as astounding as it may sound, it also has a private beach. You can add it to your bucket list without any hesitation.
Official Website: https://www.shangri-la.com/en/dubai/shangrila/
Address: Sheikh Zayed Road – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
6. Palm Jumeirah
It is one of the world’s most remarkable man-made archipelagic beauty. It’s a tree-shaped island and has everything from posh hotels to food trucks. It has luxurious villas with impressive architecture. You will have the an awesome vacation experience.
The lost chambers aquarium will be very fun to visit. The kid in you will be very excited to do some cool things like swimming with dolphins, sea lions, and sharks. You will find some great places to have brunch with free-flowing cocktails. The spa services the island has to offer you are the best ones that I bet you won’t ever forget.
Top 5 Interesting facts about Palm Jumeirah
Often referred to as the ‘8th wonder of the world’, This place is shaped like a date palm. It is among the most outstanding engineering projects that are ever undertaken.
- To plot the shape of Palm Jumeirah, engineers made use of satellites.
- The project began in 2001 and took almost six years to complete.
- The island is visible from space, and that’s quite amazing!
- The breakwater surrounding the island protects it against tycoons and storms.
- The construction of the place used a vast amount of almost 7 million rocks to construct the place.
Address: Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
7. Al Karama, Dubai
Al Karama is noted as one of the city’s oldest communities which is in Bur Dubai. This place is easily the central part of Dubai which is mostly a residential area and also comprises a lot of fashion, accessory stores, and traditional markets.
The streets of Al Karama are filled with some beautiful and artistic murals which will hold you back from leaving the place.
A popular Arabic tea cafe in Bur Dubai named ‘Filli Tea’ trying to win the world’s attention is a must-try in Dubai. The signature Filli’s zafran tea which tastes divine is one man’s vision that resulted in huge success.
Top 5 Things to do in Al Karama, Dubai
This place has got a lot for you to explore while your trip to the UAE. It offers you with an opportunity to experience some interesting activities and the famous Dubai Mall for shopping.
- Take up a tour of the Dubai Frame to learn about the history and heritage of Al Karama.
- Visit the Dubai Mall for shopping and enjoy some leisure activities like the aquarium, indoor theme park etc.
- You can also go boating on the lakes and experience the food courts and sporting facilities in Zabeel Park.
- Relax back at Jumeirah Beach and enjoy the sunset along with nature’s beauty to its fullest.
- Watch the dolphins show at Creek Park. See them dancing, singing and exploring their different capacities.
Address: Bur Dubai – United Arab Emirates
8. Jebel Hafeet, Hajar Mountains
Jebel Hafeet is one of the highest mountains that is originally situated in Al Ain. This mountain range is a part of the desert park ‘Jebel Hafeet National Park’. You can visit various places in the Hajar mountain range but these mountains are known to have the most beautiful paths and alleys.
A place near these mountains amasses Beehive tombs that are left by the early Al Ain residents. These are beehive-shaped tombs that the residents left as shrines for their dead.
It is highly recommended you spend a night or two at telal resort which is downtown Abu Dhabi and which is nearer to Jebel Hafeet. This resort will be your best Oasis getaway and explore wildlife for that weekend.
Top 5 Things to do near Jebel Hafeet
It is the highest peak in Abu Dhabi and comes with several things to do from historic adventures to gravity defying thrills. If you are wondering about what to do in Jebel Hafeet then check out the below list:
- You can relax after a tiring day at Mercure Jebel Hafeet Hotel. The hotel is known for its modern style and spacious rooms, along with a minibar. The hotel is open 24*7 to serve its guests.
- Don’t forget to visit the Al Jahili Fort was established in the 1890s and is among the top tourist attractions. This place tells you about the history and culture of the city.
- What can be more exciting than exploring a zoo? Visit the Al Ain Zoo that inhabits rhinos, lions, hippos and barbary. Moreover, you can also check out the five interactive galleries present in the zoo.
- If you’re interested in learning about the heritage of Abu Dhabi, then there’s no better place than the Hili Archaeological Park. Along with archaeological structures, the site also includes fountains and a play area for children to prevent them from getting bored.
- The last among the top 5 things to do near Jebel Hafeet would be driving around the highway in Jebel Hafeet if you love long drives and gazing at the sky.
Address: Al Ain – United Arab Emirates
9. Kayaking in Mangrove National Park
If you want to work your body through the tour, kayaking will be one of your go-to activities. It will be a very unique and thrilling experience for you to enjoy the tour. Mangrove National Park in Abu Dhabi is one of the best places you can go kayaking to. But other places offer this service too, like Jubail Island, Zaya Nurai Island, Wadi adventure, and more.
You will have some exceptionally good memories if you book this at the time of sunset because you can experience some great picturesque in those slots. Other activities like standup paddling and boat cruise services, water biking are also offered in the same places if you wish to continue the stirring escapades.
The 5 Best Places to go Kayaking in the UAE
There are several places to paddle around while your trip to UAE but some of the best places are mentioned below:
- The first place among the best 5 places to go kayaking in the UAE is Al Zora Mangroves. This place is a fantastic option for people who are bird watchers. This inland creek spreads over two square km of rich wetland. Moreover, the best thing about this place is that you can also kayak through the Mangroves at night.
- You can also visit Ras Al Khaimah Mangroves to enjoy a kayaking tour and experience nature at its best.
- Watch the marine life by swimming below while kayaking, and Snoopy Island gives you this opportunity.
- If you are a lover of water sports, then you should visit Wadi Adventures. The place also offers kayaking.
- You can also explore the Eastern Mangroves and rent a kayak. The place offers visitors tours at different timings, including sunrise and sunset.
Official Website: https://visitabudhabi.ae/
Address: Anantara Hotel- Abu Dhabi, UAE
10. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
Dubai Aquarium is in the Dubai Mall which is an amazing place to spend an evening going shopping. But for a calm and seen evening, you better visit this aquarium and zoo. This underwater zoo is the home to many endangered species like otters, piranhas, water rats, and more.
You can spend a quiet evening while exploring the underwater world. To our surprise, 33,000 aquatic animals are living under the jurisdiction of the aquarium.
If you are fond of water activities, then you can go scuba diving and also go on glass-bottom boat rides. But if not, then cage snorkeling is the best-suited pastime for you to experience. You can also see and experience the UAE’s marvelous night creatures come alive in the zoo.
Top 5 Facts About Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
- The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is the world’s largest Indoor Aquarium with a capacity of 10 million litres of water.
- The Underwater Zoo is home to about 30,000 creatures of different species present around the world.
- You can also dive in with the sharks and have a thrilling experience underwater.
- The place offers boat rides for its visitors.
- The Dubai Aquarium was the first to introduce the Gentoo penguins in 2010.
Official Website: www.thedubaimall.com
Address: Dubai Mall – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
11. Al Bastakiya
Bastakiya is one of Dubai’s most historic places. It preserves the roots of the formation of Emirati land. This area represents the culture and traditional norms of the locale. There are many places where you can explore and find the artistic community.
Mawaheb is one such art studio that encourages people to be creative in their way. The Coffee Museum exists there for all the coffee enthusiasts for finding all the world’s coffee in one place. Then there is XVA gallery which is a very famous gallery in Dubai where it represents and expresses art from different cultural perspectives.
Address: Bur Dubai Al Hamriya – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
5 Top Things to do near Al Bastakiya
- You can enjoy a sightseeing bus tour and explore the gorgeous view of Dubai.
- If you love adventure, then a desert safari with sandboarding is the perfect choice for you.
- You can also visit an IMG Theme park in Dubai and have a memorable day over there.
- You can also learn about the culture of the UAE at a cultural lunch which is for almost 1.5 hours.
- Explore the Dubai Museum and get closer to the rich culture and heritage of the UAE.
12. Dubai Fountain
Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest water fountain and is a major enchant for tourists. It is located at the foundation of Burj Khalifa and visibly present at the exit of Dubai Mall. It has frequent shows that happen all the time. If standing and watching the show is not your forte, then hop on a Dubai Fountain lake ride and you will have the best time.
The preferable time to visit the fountain show is at night because the elegance you can see at that time is so captivating. The fountain is illuminated with lights at night which is a certified masterpiece.
Top 5 Interesting Facts about Dubai Fountain
The Dubai Fountain is the world’s largest dancing fountain that has some interesting and surprising facts. If you are unaware of them, watch out the list below:
- The Dubai Fountain can shoot water up to 500 feet high up in the air.
- The Fountain is spread over 30 acres of land, which is quite large.
- The most exciting thing about this fountain is that the water dances on different melodies.
- Over 6,600 WET lights illuminate the Dubai Fountain.
- You can enjoy the view of the fountain in three different ways.
Address: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard – Downtown Dubai – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
13. Sharjah Arts Museum
The another great museum in our list of Top 15 places to visit in UAE- Sharjah Arts Museum. This museum is the largest in the Persian Gulf region. It is built to enhance the culture of the Sharjah community with contemporary artworks. The Museum has so many paintings by Arab painters who contributed to the development of cultural art.
Planning to visit the US? Here is the list of 20 Best Places to visit in the United States
This museum hosts so many temporary exhibitions and events. However, it remains neutral on coming up with provisional and permanent works. It focuses on everyone, be it a local painter or a renowned artist as long as the art is worthy and beautiful.
Official Website: https://www.sharjahartmuseum.ae/
Address: Al Shuwaihean – Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
14. Global Village
Global Village claims that it is the world’s largest tourism and entertainment attraction. It incorporates the culture of over 90 countries. You will have the best of everything in this place be it shopping, food, or recreational activities.
The place does not only offers fun for kids but also for grown-ups. It prompts you to make most of the time worth it.
The splendor of this place shows in the nighttime, there will be fireworks, sparkle, and gleam. You can witness the world’s beauty in one place. How wonderful would that be?
Top 5 Things to do in Global Village, Dubai
The Global Village is among the most famous seasonal attraction of Dubai and has got some extraordinary carnival vibe. There are countless things to do in the Global Village, of which few are mentioned below:
- You can explore and take some awesome pictures with the world-famous major landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Big Ben etc.
- There’s no better prankster than the Turkish ice cream guy. So have a fun experience before grabbing your ice cream.
- Do you love dancing? If yes, then don’t miss enjoying belly dancing while exploring the Global Village.
- Try the Indian lassi and experience the authentic flavours of India.
- You can also visit the Thai floating market.
Official Website: https://www.globalvillage.ae/
Address: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road E 311 road Dubai.
15. Souks in Deira
Our last amazing places to visit in Top 15 places to visit in UAE is Souks in Deira.
Deira is one of the oldest cities in Dubai which has an odd number of souks. Souks are the local shops and very old in that matter where you get anything and everything. Some of the famous souks are,
Gold Souk has hundreds of jewelry stores where they have some precious jewels, gold, silver, platinum, and more.
Spice Souk is another famous place where it is inclusive of all the spices from around the world. You’ll be astonished to see the enormous variety of spices they display.
Perfume Souk is the hallmark of aromatic experience in this place. The aromas in this souk are of distinct forms like powder, crystal, stick, wood, and more. The interesting part about this souk is that you can personalize your scents based on your tastes and preferences.
Now coming to Deira’s specialty, this place is the best for money exchange. The exchange offices in this place offer the best rates than the ones from other places.
The Top 5 Souks to see in Dubai
- Gold Souk – Without any doubt, Dubai is known for its gold. You’ll witness beautiful gold jewellery everywhere. Therefore, don’t miss to experience the liveliness of the gold market.
- Perfume Souk – Scents are well known among the Arabs and reflect their luxurious lifestyle. Do check out the different scents and aromas and buy yourself one.
- Textile Souk – If you wish to change your wardrobe, check out the city’s famous textile Souk, which is filled with premium quality silk, cotton, and various other materials.
- Camel Souk – It is a camel auction where various camels are dressed up and presented for sale.
- Carpet Souk – UAE is famous for its carpets which are handmade and consist of various vibrant colours. You can buy rugs for your bedroom or even for gifting purposes.
Address: Near Deira – Dubai – United Arab Emirates.
These locations are some promising ones that will ensure you make fond memories of your tour. All you need to know about the areas and neighborhoods in Dubai are well portrayed to you. Hope these Top 15 places to visit in UAE made your trip a little easy.
Now it’s time to have a great trip.